Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Two Weeks to go!

Well, V and I managed to spend a few days in Inverness last week and rode 120+ miles on the 46 mile long Withlacoochee Trail giving me 250+ for the week. If you want an absolutely beautiful, peaceful bike path to ride, this is the proverbial IT. Overhanging trees full of Spanish Moss, great places to stop, friendly people everywhere, all with not only NO cars on the trail but the road crossing are miles apart. This is a great bike trail, so far, our favorite in Florida. Inverness was a nice, busy, small town with lots going on.

Back home in Lauderdale now and riding as much as I can on the Habanero. I will be packing it up tomorrow (Wed, Feb 19) to ship to San Diego on Thursday the 20th. It will be going FedEx Ground so I have to ship it out early. I'll ride my Specialized RockHopper 29 and my Bianchi Volpe here in Florida for the next couple of weeks till I leave.

My packing for this trip is a lot like a Keystone Cops movie!  I pack stuff, take it out, forget what I packed where and then unpack it all again.
I also have to make sure that every item I have is marked with my NAME, just like summer camp!!!  Since our laundry will be done "Family Style" (meaning all in one huge load) we will all need to locate our clothes out of a big pile. I feel like a seven year old!

I am trying to be logical about all this packing stuff...
I am trying to set up three perfectly sized bags: one for Tent Stuff, one for Clothing and one for Spares. The spares bag will stay in the truck/baggage van while the others will be in the tent with me nightly.
I am trying for some serious organizational excellence here.
I am failing miserably! ;-)
Had they told me it all had to fit into four panniers, I'd be golden... as is, I am overwhelmed with being able to take far too much IMPORTANT STUFF ... (that I am SURE I will never use...)

Withlacoochee Trail (click to enlarge)

Honor System Jams and such (click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment