Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hello from San Diego!

I arrived in San Diego yesterday, managing to just miss the storms, floods and bad weather that just left SoCal. The hotel is great, right on the beach and a few yards from the bike path we will depart from Saturday morning.

Met Bubba Baron, our fearless leader and some of the staff. Very nice people all!

I've been busy unpacking my stuff from the boxes I shipped to the hotel, organizing and repacking it all into my allotted duflel bags, wandering around Ocean Beach and mostly eating way too much great food!

Went to South Beach Bar & Grill for excellent fish tacos last night and to Hodads for a HUGE Bacon Cheeseburger for lunch today. It was WAY too much food but in my lame defense I could only manage to eat 1/2 of it so that burger is gonna be dinner tonight and probably breakfast tomorrow tooo! Tomorrow night will be the OB Noodle House... See,  this way I can probably fast till St Augustine... Unless of course we manage to stumble across more DD&D eateries!

Roger at Bernie's Bike Shop did a great job assembling my bike before my arrival so I went out and did some intervals this morning and will plot a longer ride up in Mission Bay for tomorrow AM.
Couldn't be better!

at Dog Beach in Ocean Beach

1 comment:

  1. YeHa you are finally in Calif. I was in LA last weekend seeing Rod and I did NOT miss the rain. I am following you all the way and the cheerleaders in my head are up and chanting "Go Doug, Go Doug,...). Enjoy it all. Greg

    ReplyDelete