Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Blake comes to visit!!!!

Day 50
With only two days to go on the ride I have my second visit, Blake drove up from Gainesville during exam week at UF to spend time with his dad!
We decided, a bit late, to rent a canoe and take a short seven-mile paddle on the Santa Fe River. I had a great time. We hadn't paddled together since our trip on the Peace River many years ago. We laughed a lot and saw a gator (how appropriate, huh?) and approximately ten gazillion turtles.
After the river jaunt, we headed to the Great Outdoor Restaurant in High Springs for a wonderful late lunch. This is an area I'd happily return to.  Blake dropped me at the park and headed back to school. I'll see him tomorrow when I ride through Gainesville.
RO, Roland, Blake and PW








Tuna and Conch Fritters!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment